Sunday, January 10, 2010

We were meant to be together, so what happened to forever

Four years. That's how much of my life I spent desperately in love with him. That's how long I believed that he, my first love, would be the one I spent the rest of my life with. Four years he was my only obsession. In my eyes he was perfection in a 6'1 body and to him I was a crazy girl who he couldn't quite figure out. He told me that although he thought I was pretty, pretty was just one of the things I did that amazed him. Everything about Joseph was amazing. From the way he laughed whenever I said or did something stupid, to the way he could make smile even when I was having a bad day. I even loved when he yelled at me over the simplest of things. Our love was passionate, intense, and intoxicating. Everything it was, and wasn't, supposed to be. It's been over a year since we broke up and I've been trying to pretend it doesn't hurt anymore, but the truth is that I'm a wreck inside. Am I in love with him? No, those feelings disappeared a long time. But he was everything I waited for and if I ever fall in love again, it will never be the way I loved him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww that's sweet. i hope one day you two can be friends again

90's babi said...

I hope so too, but we've tried it way too many times. I've come to the conclusion that we're just over.

Anonymous said...

good cuz yew tu are crazy tagether

blair.jones said...

I swear I could have written this.. couldn't sum up my feelings about a guy any better than this