Sunday, April 12, 2009

Boys, boys, boys

Choosing between two great guys is always a difficult decision, especially when you like them both for different reasons. Guy 1 is incredibly sweet and we talk for hours. He really loves me and I trust him completely. However, lately I've been getting bored talking to him and I feel as though we don't have that much in common. Maybe I talked myself into liking him because he's safe and I know that he'll never break my heart. But he's also boring. I start arguments just to create some excitement in our relationship. There's also the fact that he's another race and that would definetely create conflict with my semi-racist family. Guy 2 let me down so many times in the past I'd started to lose faith in him but now he swears he's in love with me. He gives me such a rush and makes me smile about the smallest things. I always have to fight for his attention and it just makes me want him more. I never know where I stand with him and because of that I've spent many nights crying. So who do I choose...the guy who's safe and convenient and I'll never have to worry about hurting me, or the guy who has a hard time being faithful and I have a terrible time trusting but I want him so badly that he consumes my thoughts?


2 comments:

Bookish.Spazz said...

Obviosly neither are a match for you, but if you feel obligated to pick between them, don't. If you're going to put effort into a relationship the person you're in it with should put in an equal amount. Boring is boring, and nothing will change that. Same with a short attention span. Just keep your eyes open, someone better is bound to come along.

However, that's just me so just do whatever you feel most comfortable and safe.

Unknown said...

i'm gonna say neither. it seems like an easy decision to me, but of course i'm not in your head. don't forget that you never needed either of those two fellows to begin with! and if they aren't making you happy without a lot of consequences, then it's definitely not worth it!